The new reality of a distributed workforce, with most employees working from home, has forced us to think differently about how we manage IT to serve our people. Some employees will return to the office, but many people might not want to return for some time. Others might not ever want to resume office life as we once knew it.
In this video, a live presentation we hosted in August 2020, I share ideas for how you can effectively manage print for your remote workers and take advantage of technologies like print analytics to gain insights into what is being printed and at what cost, as well as document forensics to ensure compliance and document confidentiality. I also explore touchless printing, which is in heavy demand from IT professionals who need to do whatever they can to help create a safer work environment and ease the concerns of people who prefer to limit contact with shared surfaces in our post-lockdown world.
Some highlights include:
- Printing trends from the COVID-19 lockdown
- The basic economics of office printing
- Home office printing and ways to manage it
- Touchless printing options for a safer work environment
- Work from home models and printing trends
- Flexible mobile printing workflows
- How to capture employee printing data
- The home-to-office printing workflow
- Home office printing risks you need to be aware of
- Zero trust security trends
- How you can ensure document confidentiality and ensure PPI compliance