Working @ Pharos
AT PHAROS, we believe the best solutions come from a mindset of discovery. This principle guides our products, services, and relationships. Working at Pharos, you will enjoy an open culture that emphasizes commitment, respect, and fun. We embrace new ideas and differences and we expect our people to want to learn and discover continually. We are a Certified B Corp and we’re proud to have been recognized as one of the best places to work in New York State.
With our awarding-winning print management software and services, we help universities, government agencies and corporate enterprises all over the world to make print the way it should be: secure, cost-effective, and sustainable. Many of the largest and most recognized global brands, including three of the world’s largest banks, rely on Pharos to secure and optimize their office printing environment. Join us!
Open Positions (2):
Regional Sales Executive – SaaS
Location: Any major city in the U.S.
Are you a critical thinker who is eager for an opportunity to demonstrate your awesomeness and assume significant responsibility for revenue growth as both a hunter and a farmer of new business? If so, you’ll need to mix your critical thinking with high energy to craft large cloud & on-premises software and services deals! Be part of a revolutionary success story that has true meaning and purpose! Seriously…we’re a B-corp that believes in using business as a force for good in the world!
You will sell Pharos products and services directly to end users and resellers via phone, virtual web meeting & face-to-face contact while being responsible for driving transactional and moderately complex enterprise sales throughout an assigned territory. A ridiculously talented team of technical aces will help you qualify & close deals.
What You Will Do Here (besides be an all-star of course)
- Set a strategic sales plan for your region and ensure it’s in line with Pharos’ strategic direction
- Identify, engage and close business with uncapped sales earning potential
- Be a thought leader and an executive relationship builder
- Represent Pharos – you are the frontline and must be out in front of customers, resellers, and the real world. Expect 30-50% travel.
- Continuously deepen understanding of Pharos products & solutions
- Develop, plan and execute customer-facing events such as user groups, hands on workshops and industry seminars
- Work with inside sales to coordinate prospecting and lead generation
- Amazingly present & demonstrate how the product will meet the customer’s needs in a manner that defines Pharos value and differentiation
- Work with key resellers to position Pharos as a lead offering
- Maintain and update sales records and prepare sales reports as required
- Maintain an accurate, robust pipeline and forecast of business opportunities
What You Need to Bring with You
Must Be in Your Bag
- Grit, drive, hunger, tenacity, swagger…call it what you want, you must have “it”!
- Must be open, fun, kind, caring & respectful
- Technology lover / tech savvy / IT technical aptitude
- Minimum 4 years’ experience successfully selling software/technology sales/SaaS
- Past success carrying and exceeding quota in B2B Sales
- Desire to constantly improve knowledge and skills
- Strong ability to demo & white board complex solutions with customers & resellers
- Relish opportunity to compete and WIN while maintaining a great attitude
- Ability to listen carefully to client & think quickly on your feet
- Must be a team player who can work well in a group
Nice If in Your Bag
- Bachelors or higher in business, engineering, sales, or marketing
- Success selling Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Experience in enterprise software sales
- Direct sales experience, including large key accounts
- Proven track record of successfully selling enterprise print management solutions
- Formal sales training/account planning strategies including
- Proven Subject Matter Expertise (SME) with Secure Print Management solutions
- An understanding of print – specifically IT infrastructure and end user workflow
- Contacts in the MPS industry
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including ROI quantification and justification
How to apply >>
Senior Software Developer
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our growing team at the Riverwood Tech Campus in Rochester, New York. Come join our international development community where we collaboratively solve some big business needs by combining technology and creativity. You’ll be a member of a team utilizing the Agile Scrum framework working with other teams in the U.S. and New Zealand.
Pharos is reimagining printing by moving it into the cloud. We’re looking for a teammate that fits our brand values: open, caring, fun, committed and respectful.
What you get to do
The Senior Software Developer plays a critical role in supporting our customer base through thoughtful design and implementation of new features to provide best-in-class solutions.
- Produce high-quality C# web applications and services.
- Leverage AWS to provide industry-leading solutions moving print to the cloud. Securely.
- Design and author cloud-native services delivered in the AWS cloud platform.
- Provide leadership in software architecture design.
- Work with stakeholders to fully understand the nature of business requirements.
- Provide technical oversight and guidance to the team through code reviews.
- Lead troubleshooting activities for active operational issues.
- Transition existing IIS Windows services to Docker containers and migrate onto EKS (AWS Kubernetes).
- Collaborate on initiatives to promote the learning and growth of the development community.
- Participate in scrum artifacts.
- Participate in a crowdsourced activity leveraging cutting edge Bosch (Germany) technology to maintain physical resource excellence and “clean room” environments.
Skills crucial to success in this role
- SOLID design principles
- C# preferred, Java or other high-level language accepted
- Team Player: excellent communication skills, puts the team first, collaborative, flexible/adaptable
- Self-Starter: ability to work independently, seeks new challenges, proven ability to learn
What you bring:
- 6+ years of Software Engineering experience
- BS in Computer Science or the equivalent
Nice to have:
- ASP.NET Core
- Agile Scrum
- Front-end framework
- Embedded Systems (printers)
How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com. Pharos Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We take pride in the diversity of our staff and we seek diversity in our applicants. Pharos offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and education. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life & AD&D, short- & long-term disability insurance, as well as 401K with matching contributions, flexible work hours and an open, collaborative office environment. Join us!
^ Return to Job List ^
>> See our profile on LinkedIn